Autotitle for WordPress
This WordPress plugin gives you the ability to automatically generate a title for your post, when at the moment of publishing no title has been given.
* The title is generated by the first sentence of the post;
* Few simple settings on a dedicated page will allow you to specify the criteria for this to happen (see screenshot below);
* Naturally it influences what the permalink will be like (that is if you use
%postname% in it);
* You can decide to generate a title also when editing a post, again if the title is deliberately left empty.
This plugin is a must if you use WordPress posting content in one click and not looking back, and, in general, if you do not want –or care– to give titles to your posts, but you want the post permalinks to be a little more meaningful than just numbers.
Planning for the next versions: per-post ability to override the plugin (publishing your occasional titleless post).
Download from the WordPress Repository
The options page.
* 1.0.2 Fixed a problem with titles being generated when saving drafts even when “enable only when publishing” was selected.
* 1.0.1 Hopefully corrected a problem that would cause the media uploader not to work. Also made minor fixes to the code.
* 1.0.0 the plugin is created.